Monday, February 25, 2008

Vacation is over

Back to work again. Good to be back, but it was great to be gone. There is a comfortableness in being around old friends, I don't need to explain myself. I did miss the routine of my life...humm, kinda sad isn't it? So I was home for just about 24 hours, and then it was off to the CLiC conference in Grand Junction. I am presenting gaming and open source. It is fun to be hanging out with J and Judy. Presenting makes me a little nervous, but not too bad. Parts of it can be fun. I think I am good at talking randomly to people. And as long as I am presenting on something I am passionate about I can generally keep the audience entertained and following along (I think). The part that make it hard or at least a bit nerve wracking is the feeling that I am doing "The Karen Show!" (unfortunately my name change hasn't taken affect in my professional life - I need to work in that.) I have to be 'ON' I have to be funny and social and pleasant, even if I need a break. I have to be professional - or some variation therein. Strangely enough I feel more and more desperate to start T, to pass a bit more, I guess because I am so 'on display' I want to be seen as I really am or something.

No comments: