Friday, August 1, 2008

History of the world, part one.

An old friend of mine came to visit last night. She's one of those people I just admire and love. We don't write or talk much, but when we see each other it is as if, on one level, not a single day has gone by ...it's just right there again. I really appreciate that. On another level, years have gone by and we have had life changes and experiences. As we spoke, summing up years with simple sentences, I realized her gift of clarity. I mean, I always knew she was a straight shooter so to speak, but she really nailed some stuff for me. I always have thought that without my dear and close friends helping guide me through my life I'd be working at a 10 minute oil change place and drinking to oblivion every night in front of a TV. I think without Jen I'd be there or dead. I admire her strength and her faith in my strength. So we were talking about the transgender stuff (ok – yet again I come out to an old friend and she says “well I am not surprised” - I think I really was the last to know!) and she keeps saying I hope you're writing about this, I hope you are documenting this. And sure I mumbled about my blog, but none of what we were talking about have I blogged. I don't know why, (that is a lie – I do know why). Yup, I am hesitant or embarrassed to talk about the intimate details of transitioning. While I am willing to discuss with friends how T made my clit grow or how my skin has changed I just kinda wasn't sure if I should put it on the blog. Which really makes no sense. So next blog, yes you guessed it 'History of the World, part two' will speak to the physicality of transitioning and some of my perspectives. But now I gotta get to work! We got a new director...she starts September. It will be nice to have a director here again.

No comments: