Friday, August 29, 2008

Learning 2.0

Yeah so I went to a workshop for library stuff.... The presenter is someone who met me awhile back. Regardless of how I look now and what my name tag says she is 'she'-ing me. I didn't tell her any different..she couldn't know..not her fault by a long shot. But I watched a few of the other attendees look at me as the presenter said something about no men in the class. I guess this emphasizes the need for me to talk about being trans in front of people. Blagh. I just sort of freeze up. I keep thinking that if I look different people will just get it. This is proving untrue. I think for me this is less about learning podcasting, blogging and such and more about 2.0ing myself. I don't really know how to go about it I guess. "Hi I am trans. Pls refer to me as male." Yeah right. Gawd. How do I start?

No comments: